Tuesday 2 November 2010

TIP or TECHNIQUE TUESDAY ***FAUX DISTERSS EMBOSSING***

I thought I would show you something
I came up with for the card on the last post,

because I didn't have the right colour distress embossing powder.


I only have these 3 colours, & I decided I needed black.

I love the distress embossing powders but sometimes
I find them a bit unpredictable
because you can't control what bits stick & what bits rub off,

Here's what I used



rub the anti static pad over the card
& then stamp your image,


sprinkle the embossing powder over the image,
tip off excess,then put excess powder back into pot.


using a poky tool or the end of your scissors
lightly scratch off where you don't want the powder to remain,


this is also a fab technique for light & shade,
also if you want something to look like it has a shine.


heat the image with your heat gun,
then cut it out.


take a blending tool & blend over the image
to make the edges less prominent & also aged,


this is the end result,


I hope you find this useful in your crafting,
you can adapt this to any image or colour scheme.


that's it for now,
Kat x.





1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails