Tuesday 19 October 2010

VICTORIAN STYLE, INSPIRED MIRROR.

Here's my entry for the simon says stamp and show challenge
the theme this week is ANYTHING BUT A CARD.

I am also entering this for the the artistic stamper challenge
which this months theme is layers.

click on there names to be teller ported to there blogs
 to read all the details on how to enter your own creations.


I can't seem to stop making these mirror's
(I am now buying them in bulk, lol)

I used a sheet of 12 x 12 graphic 45 paper, cut it to size,
then stuck it down with Claudine Hellmuth multi matte medium,

I then blended Brushed Corduroy distress ink over in patches,
to give it an aged look,

I then wiped Walnut Stain over straight from the pad round the edges,

I took a silver paint dabber & applied it with my finger randomly over the surface.


I then set to work on the flower corsage part of the design,
(all the stamps are Wendy Vecchi's)
& stamped onto grunge paper,


The Distress Inks I used are,
Forest Moss & Peeled Paint for the 2 types of leaves,
& Victorian Velvet, Rusty Hinge & Milled Lavender for the flowers
( it's a strange combo, but I think it works)

I formed the flowers & leaves to give dimension.


The centers of the flowers are two pairs of earrings
& the butterfly is from a belt,
these are all from boot sale purchases.


look at how many butterfly's are on this belt,
I paid 50p for this, bargain hay!!!



I have used 2 pearly stick pins & 9 vintage metal buttons,
from my stash, all stuck with silicone glue.


I am so pleased with the way it turned out,
I hope you like it.

I put a white piece of paper over the mirror part
to make it easier to photograph,
so I don't get any reflections.

Thanks for stopping by today
Back soon,
Kat x.





8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous,Kat....and you're certainly good at finding boot sale bargains!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, it's so wendy vecchi! love it! oo, i love matte medium, it's my fave! great layering. thanks for sharing and have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely mirror and decorated so beautifully, love all the flowers. Great find with the butterfly belt too, and what great embellishments they make. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!! I love these mirrors! And I think you should send me one! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mirror and flowers. I'm a fan of Graphic 45 papers too - like looking at it, haven't been brave enough to cut mine up yet so well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty. I love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat.........I crown you the Mirror QUEEN!! Another job well done!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mirror....great boot sale finds too! :)
    It's great you played along at the AS monthly challenge
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails