Wednesday 27 October 2010

EXTREME MASKING, TATTERD FLORALS TAG.

It's week 19 of the
 COMPENDIUM OF CURIOSITIES challenge,
the technique this week is EXTREME MASKING,

If your not sure what I'm on about,
head over to studio L3 to read all the details.

So here's my entry, I love how crisp the technique turned out.


I liked it so much I didn't want to cover it up with a lot of embellishment,


Check out Tim's book for this technique,
the distress ink colours I used were,
wild honey, crushed olive, frayed burlap & old paper.


The sentiment is a Wendy Vecchi's
stamped in black archival & embossed in clear powder,
then coloured with barn door distress ink,

ribbon, buttons & string are from my ever growing stash lol.


More pictures than words this post
(just how I like it)

that's me done for today, I'm off to watch some TV,
thanks for stopping by,
back soon Kat x.

7 comments:

  1. The tag's turned out beautifully,Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is awesome! That looks like patterned paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow...I love that, so simple, but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice tag and you were right to not cover it up with too many embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh really like your tag, it is very crisp and clean, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very cool tag! Very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat, I love this, too! You did an amazing job on the extreme masking, and the simple, elegant design really does allow the technique to take center stage. The pops of red are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails