Wednesday 25 August 2010

Sunday Stamper Challenge ***FLOWERS***

This weeks challenge is to make something that includes stamping with this weeks theme of FLOWERS
If you have been in hibernation for the past couple of years, & are not sure what I'm on about, head over to Hel's blog ink on my fingers to read all the details of the challenges she puts up each week.

With such a broad scope this week I finally decided on a wall hanging.


I narrowed down my choice to some Wendy Vecchi stamps (no surprise there then) & the BO Bunny papers I wanted to use, the rest of the project seemed to fall into place, I took my colour choice from the papers & matched the distress inks & necklace parts to them.

Here are some close ups of each panel.





Ingredients I used,
  • Half a paper mania chipboard album
  • 2 12x12 sheets of Bo Bunny papers (one design for the chipboard & one design for behind the frames)
  • Nestabilities dies (labels 1,2&3 for cutting the frames) & blue card stock
  • Wendy Vecchi stamps ( flowers,leaves,butterfly's & sentiments)
  • Grunge paper
  • Distress inks (brushed corduroy, peeled paint, spiced marmalade & tumbled glass)
  • Coffee archival ink (for stamping the sentiments)
  • Tim Holtz tattered floral die & some pages from an old book
  • 2 yards of organza ribbon
  • 10 gold eyelets
  • 1 tassel
  • Flower centers, heart pendent, beads & pearls from necklace's got at boot sales.
  • glues used, Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi medium (matte) to stick papers to the chipboard & silicone glue for sticking everything else.
wow that was a long list lol.

Here is a pic of the necklace used for the flower centers before I took it apart,



The hardest part of the whole thing was getting the pendent at the bottom to hang straight & have the bow facing forward,(after a frustrating hour of fiddling with it I realised the ribbon was twisted in the beads, so after I straightened that out it hung beautifully lol)



I hope you like it, I would be tickled pink if you would leave me a comment to read,

back soon Kat x.

1 comment:

  1. *tickle tickle :O))* WOw, this is GORGEOUS and right up my street with your choice of stamps... loving those 490's./. thanks for joinin in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails