Tuesday 3 August 2010

STAMPED ART MIRROR

I confess, I made this mirror about a year ago, I got the mirror from Ikea for £1.19 (bargain hay)
I decided to make a collage of some of my favorite stamps, this is a cheaper option than making a shadow box and I think It is just as affective.

Ingredients Used,
  • mirror from Ikea
  • white card
  • double sided tape
  • distress inks (antique linen, scatterd straw and aged mahogany)
  • archival ink pad (jet black)
  • color box fluid chalk eye ink pad (dark brown)
  • stamps (Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi, Paper Artsy)
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology
  • glossy accents 
Measure & cut a white piece of card the same size as the frame, use a craft knife to cut the hole for the mirror, then cut the card into pieces (bearing in mind the size of stamps you want to use).
stamp the images with black ink, blend with distress inks as pictured, go round all the edges with dark brown chalk eye ink to pull all the images together, cover frame with double sided tape, stick all the pieces onto the frame, add your Idea-ology or any bits & bobs you want to use with glossy accents. job done.

Here are some close ups
I am going to do a step by step tutorial the next time I make one of these mirror's.

I have made one for Barbara Grey of Clarity Stamps, I am going to give it to her at the stamparama show at Stevanage on the 15th of  August, so I will need to get it up on here before then.

well that's it for today back soon Kat x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails