Thursday 19 August 2010

FRAMING MY FREE STAMPS....


I thought I would show something today, that I made using a colour combination I would never have thought of putting together, if it wasn't for an article in this months (September 2010) Craft Stamper Magazine.

It's a piece made by designer Sue Abbott on page 40, her's it's a vintage style frame, the colour combination is TEA DYE & MILLED LAVENDER distress ink's ( how gorgeous )



My piece is made out of something I got from a boot sale for 20p (bargain)
at the time I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew it would come in handy for something,
originally it was black.

Inspired by the article I painted it with antique white acrylic paint
( 4 coats) then distressed it with tea dye distress ink,
by rubbing the ink pad over,then wiping some of it off with a baby wipe, to leave a mottled affect.
I cut 4 pieces of card, distressed them with  tea dye then stamped a flourish in milled lavender over the top.
I then used the free cover stamp & I also used 3 other free stamps from previous months,
I used a versa magic ink pad (jumbo java) to stamp the images on scraps of card, distressed them & cut them out.
I used a Martha Stewart punch for the decorative strips & I raided my stash for other bib's & bob's,
(the butterfly's are from a bracelet I took apart & the cameo is in fact a candle decoration).


I then layered it all up with silicone glue, I was able to get a good amount of dimension, because of the depth of the frame (not sure if the camera picked that up thow?)



I hope you like it, back soon Kat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails